Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Love (1 Cor 13:4-8a)

Because LOVE IS PATIENT
....... I will let you grow at your own pace
Because LOVE IS KIND
....... I will look for ways to make you smile
Because LOVE DOES NOT ENVY
....... I will rejoice in your accomplishments without comparing to my own
Because LOVE DOES NOT BOAST
....... I will talk about the achievements of you and others
Because LOVE IS NOT PROUD
....... When you are less than perfect, I will remember that 'There, but by the
....... grace of God, go I'
Because LOVE IS NOT RUDE
....... I will not let familiarity breed contempt, but will continue to speak to
....... you with politeness and respect
Because LOVE IS NOT SELF-SEEKING
....... I will always give a gentle answer, seeking a positive outcome to the
....... situation, rather than self-justification
Because LOVE IS NOT EASILY ANGERED
....... I will always give you the benefit of the doubt
Because LOVE KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS
....... I will not dwell on past offenses or hold them against you in the future
Becuase LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL
....... I will avoid actions and words that could harm you or another
Because LOVE REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH
....... I will strive to see muddy situations become clear and relationships
....... reconciled
Because LOVE ALWAYS PROTECTS
....... I will take care to protect your feelings, reputation and innocence
Because LOVE ALWAYS TRUSTS
....... I will believe in you always
Because LOVE ALWAYS HOPES
....... I will look confidently towards the day when things will be better, even
....... when history suggests otherwise
Because LOVE ALWAYS PERSEVERES
....... I will continue striving for all of the above as long as I live, regardless
....... of the circumstances.

LOVE NEVER FAILS
....... Although perfection will never be achieved, I know that God IS LOVE,
....... and with Him, all things are possible.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger kelgell said...

Beautiful! It really does something inside me to imagine someone saying that to me and living it out. That kind of person is astounding!! Reading through it and your thoughts, gives you a sense of love's power. You wanna be around people who love like that coz people wanna be loved like that. It brings out good in people I think, healing, restoration. And that's beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home