Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Love (1 Thess 3:12)

And may the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else, just as our love overflows toward you.

This creates a cool image in my mind - love is not a forced thing, where I have to make myself love the unlovable, but more a state of being. As I know God's love more and more, and focus on loving all of mankind, love will start to overflow from me, in which case it will just spill on to whoever happens to be near! I don't choose who I will love, I love everone who I come in contact with!

GOD IS LOVE. Could it be that He is the only initiator of love? As humansk we need to know love before we can give love?? As I realise His love for me, and my family's love for me, then love begins to grow in me so that I can then have something to pass on to others?

Love only grows when it is given. If you want more love, you can't just keep holding on to it - you have to give your love away. Sometimes it may splash on dry ground, but other times it will splash on fertile ground, and the love that comes back will be so much more than you gave.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger kelgell said...

Another good image. I like it. I like the way you think.
Ü

 

Post a Comment

<< Home