Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Love (1 John 3:18,19)

Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions. It is by our actions that we know we are living in the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before the Lord.

Love is not a feeling, it's an act of the will. Words only go so far - actions speak louder. I can say I really want a clean room, but if I watch telly every night instead of cleaning my room, the question must be asked - do I really want a clean room, or is it just a nice fantasy? TV is obviously more important to me. I can say I love someone, but if I speak badly to or about them, put my own needs and desires constantly first, am rude and impatient and regularly fail them, the question must be asked - do I really love them?

I can act lovingly even when I don't feel it, but can I feel love and not act it out?

My actions tell much about the state of my heart.

James 2:15,16
Suppose you see a brother or sister who needs food or clothing, and you say, "Well goodbye and God bless you; stay warm and eat well" - but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
Just as faith without deeds is dead, so love without action is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home