Saturday, May 20, 2006

I will trust...

"Do you trust God?" my pastor repeatedly asks from the pulpit. Good question. Do I trust God? I don't know.

I believe that God loves me. I believe that He never changes. I believe that all things are possible with Him - supernatural as well as natural. But I believe He usually lets the natural run its course.

I believe that He can send His angels down and supernaturally intervene in my life in all manner of ways. But I don't believe He usually will. I don't trust God to protect me from bad stuff in life. But I trust Him to give me the strength to get through each day.

I kind of believe that He has a plan for my life, but more for my character development than my place of residence, career or marital status. And I don't think I trust Him to make things occur so that His best plan for me will come to be - I think the running of my life is largely up to me... "Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it". But I do trust Him to be with me no matter where I end up, and to keep challenging me to grow and mature.

I believe God can heal, but I don't trust Him to do so - sickness and death are part of life. I see it as a suprise gift when He does answer prayers to heal.

I trust God with my family, in that I know He is far more able to look after them than I. But I also know that, just as I make choices for my life and have to live with those choices, so it is with their lives. And bad stuff will happen to people I love.

I guess I trust that God is all-capable, but not all-doing.

I trust Him that in the end, it will all be good... I don't trust Him to make things rosy along the way. I feel comfortable with this. I don't expect more from Him. Any rosy spots therefore are unexpected gifts from a God who loves me.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger kelgell said...

How interesting! The sermon I heard last Sunday was on trusting God instead of trying in your own strength. Very good to be reminded of. Trusting is a tricky thing.

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Serendipity said...

It's begging the question of "is there God?"

It's rather hard to prove this. Am not saying if he exist, just how do you know there's God?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home