Sunday, July 09, 2006

I want more...

Don't be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry.
Colossians 3:5b

God, you have given me the ultimate gift - eternity with you. You have opened the door for a relationship with you. You have blessed me beyond all measure in this life. My blessings are too numerous to count.

And yet, I want more. I still continue to look with envy, desire at the good things of this life. I want them more than I want you. I am an idolator.

Father, forgive me for my idolatry. Give me a new mind. Remind me again to focus on all I have, not on the things I don't. May You be the only thing I want more of. Teach me to be content with my lot in life, and to live it well.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger David said...

Hey, I never knew you had another blog! That's cool, Vi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home